Buffalo grilled chicken drumsticks by Twin Eagles partner Heartbeet Kitchen
If you have a hearty appetite and are in the mood for chicken drumsticks over wings or drumettes, then this recipe is for you! Twin Eagles Partner Heartbeet Kitchen’s healthy Buffalo Grilled Chicken Drumsticks are easy to make for the Super Bowl today, or even as a meal prep component for the week. Slathered in a three-ingredient homemade buffalo sauce with crispy skin, juicy chicken, and just enough spice, you’ll want to make this recipe over and over again. The grill helps the meat stay juicy and infuses a smoky flavor, plus adds a beautiful char.
Here’s how to make them:
2 pounds chicken drumsticks
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup Franks wing sauce
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Whisk together buffalo sauce ingredients until well mixed and set aside.⠀
2. To prepare chicken drumsticks for the grill, pat them dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.⠀
3. Preheat your Twin Eagles grill to 375ºF. Once hot, place your chicken drumsticks on the grill over direct heat.⠀
4. Close lid and let drumsticks cook, turning every 10 minutes. Drumsticks are done when they reach internal temperature of 165ºF. They will take about 35 minutes to cook, but go by their internal temperature, not time.⠀
5. Move drumsticks off direct heat, and brush liberally with buffalo sauce. Close lid and let sit for 5 minutes. Remove from grill and serve.