- Heartbeet Kitchen’s tender grilled marinated flank steak
Heartbeet Kitchen’s tender grilled marinated flank steak
Flank steak is not only budget-friendly, but it’s also one of the easiest meats to grill. This flavorful marinated flank steak is one of Twin Eagles Partner Heartbeet Kitchen’s go-to recipes to cook on her Twin Eagles 36″ Outdoor Gas Grill for an elevated winter dinner or special occasion.
The easy overnight marinade is full of flavor and grilling the steak gives it a crisp, caramelized outside and juicy, tender inside. Prep takes just 5 minutes and the steak is finished grilling in 10. Try out the recipe below!
1 3/4 to 2 pounds flank steak
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon black pepper
Stainless Steel Tongs
- Place marinade in a plastic ziploc bag and squeeze ingredients together to help combine and brown sugar should dissolve. Place steak in bag, seal, and massage to get marinade into the meat. Let sit overnight in refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, preheat one side of your Twin Eagles grill to medium high for direct heat grilling, allowing it to preheat for 15-20 minutes. Remove steak from refrigerator and use tongs to place on the grill. Grill for 4 minutes on the first side, leaving it undisturbed.
- Flip steak and cook for another 4 minutes then check internal temperature of steak. If you prefer a medium rare steak, cook until internal temp reaches 130ºF. For medium, cook until internal temp reaches 135ºF. Remove steak from grill, cover with foil, and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice thinly against the grain, and enjoy!