- Tasty grilled onions with pesto from Twin Eagles partner Heartbeet Kitchen
Tasty grilled onions with pesto from Twin Eagles partner Heartbeet Kitchen
Delicious grilled onions topped with pesto is the drool-worthy and easy side dish you never knew you needed. The heat of the grill caramelizes and mellows them, and the pesto brings out the savory and garlicky flavor. Try out the recipe from Twin Eagles Partner Heartbeet Kitchen below.
- Slice onions horizontally into 1/2 inch thick pieces. Slide a soaked wooden skewer through the outer edge, through the center of the slabs, so that the onions will lay flat. Brush with olive oil and salt.
- Preheat your Twin Eagles grill with all burners on medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes, then shut off one of the outer burners so you will have indirect heat.
- Lay onions on the grill in the area where the burner is off, and close the lid. Cook for 10 minutes then flip and brush with more olive oil. Close lid and cook for another 10-15 minutes, until onions have softened and are caramelized.
- Top with your favorite homemade or store bought pesto and enjoy!