Pork Tenderloin Subs by Twin Eagles Partner Sterling “Big Poppa” Ball
Having an outdoor family meal or tailgating at home this week? Try this tasty Pork Tenderloin Sub cooked up by Twin Eagles Partner Sterling “Big Poppa” Ball on his premium 36” Outdoor Gas Grill. With over 30 years of cooking experience, everyone from veteran pitmasters to weekend warriors and outdoor cooks across the nation trust Sterling’s taste when it comes to which meats, rubs, and sauces to use. Try out his savory recipe by following the instructions below.
2 Pork Tenderloins
Extra-long baguette or roll
Oil and vinegar (used Newman’s Own here)
Thinly sliced sweet white onion
1) Marinate the pork in Italian dressing for one hour.
2) Preheat your Twin Eagles grill for a two-zone cook – one side for grilling at a higher heat, one side for roasting at a lower heat. Quick tip: Prep your toppings while the pork is marinating and the grill is heating up.
3) Slice your baguette or roll down the middle, keeping it intact.
4) Once your grill is ready, cook the pork tenderloins over high heat for 2 minutes, then roll it to the other side and sear for 2 minutes. Continue until every side is evenly seared. When evenly seared, check the internal temperature – it should be around 110ºF.
5) When the internal temperature reaches 110ºF, place the pork on the roasting side of your grill and cook until the internal temperature is around 140ºF. Pull from the grill, rest for 5 min and then slice.
6) Now it’s time to assemble the sub: Spread the mayo on the bottom slice of bread and then layer in lettuce, onions, pickles, and tomatoes – drizzle with oil and vinegar and add pork slices on top. On the top side of the bread, slather with more mayor and add the provolone cheese.
7) Slice into sections and enjoy!
Pro tip: When slicing the sub, wrap tightly in plastic wrap to hold it together and slice through the plastic wrap for easy slicing.