Twin Eagles Partner Chef Jamie Gwen’s Braided Cedar Plank Salmon
Dinner plans that will make you a culinary hero—courtesy of Twin Eagles Partner Chef Jamie Gwen. This recipe for beautiful braided salmon on a cedar plank with maple orange glaze is filled with flavor and comes together easily on your Twin Eagles grill. Get the recipe below, and check out Jamie’s Facebook Live for a more in-depth tutorial.
For the Glaze:
1/2 cup orange or tangerine juice
1/3 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
For the Salmon:
One side of fresh salmon, skinless
Soaked cedar plank
Salt & pepper
- In a small sauce pot, combine the orange juice, maple syrup, brown sugar, balsamic and Dijon. Season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook the glaze until reduced by half. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Preheat your Twin Eagles Grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the salmon top-to-bottom on a cutting board and cut three equal strips, leaving the top 2-inches of salmon intact. Braid the three pieces of salmon tightly and secure the bottom with a toothpick. Drizzle the salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the braided salmon on the cedar plank and place the place on the grill. Close the lid.
- Cook the salmon for 15-20 minutes or until just cooked through. After 10 minutes of cooking, glaze the salmon with the Maple Orange Glaze a few times during the cooking process.
- Serve the salmon with grilled veggies and extra glaze, for drizzling. Serves 6.